Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Italian Turkey Burger

Tonight I decided to try my hand at making an Italian style turkey burger.  My family loves my Bar-B-Q Turkey Burgers.  So I tried to create something new.  This is my healthy version of a pizza burger.  I was out of wheat buns so I had to use white instead and turned it into a piece of garlic bread.  I've been trying to find healthier substitutions that still taste good.  I don't know about you but I need my food to taste good.  I also tried a sweet salad for my side with a lemon dressing.  My family loved these and wanted more.

Italian Turkey Burger with Sweet Salad topped with
lemon dressing, slivered almonds, and craisins


Italian Turkey Burger

1 lb. ground white turkey
1/2-1 t. seasoned salt (to taste)
1/4 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
1 T. zesty Italian dressing
1 t. Italian seasoning
4 slices mozzarella cheese

Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl until well incorporated.  Separate into four equal amounts.  Form patties.  Grill should be between 325-350 degrees.  Cook each patty until turkey is cooked through reaching an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees.  Approximately 8-10 minutes on each side.  When cooked through, top with cheese slices and place on *garlic bread hamburger buns and topped with pizza sauce.

*Garlic Bread buns: Butter inside each bun and top with garlic salt then grill until golden brown. 




Lemon Dressing

1 T. sugar
1 large lemon (juiced)
1/3 c. oil
1 T. honey
1/2 t. ground ginger
dash of salt and pepper (to taste)

Wisk well by hand in jar or mix in blender.  Drizzle over salad.  Store in a container and keep refrigerated.


*




No comments:

Post a Comment