Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Couscous with Peppers, Onions & Tomatoes

I've ventured out and tried couscous.  I have to admit I was leery to try this.  I've heard mixed reviews on it's flavor.  I tried a recipe before and it was ok but a bit bland.  So I decided to create my own recipe.  I really liked this recipe.  Even my husband who doesn't like peppers liked this.  I hope you enjoy.  We sure did.


Couscous with Peppers, Onions & Tomatoes


Couscous with Peppers, Onions & Tomatoes

1 c. couscous
1 c. beef broth
1/2 t. onion powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/2 small yellow pepper chopped
1/2 small orange pepper chopped
1 small tomato
1 T. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In small sauce pan bring broth, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to a boil.  Pour in couscous and stir till mixed.  Cover pan and set aside for 7-10 minutes. 

Heat oil in a small saute' pan.  Saute onion and peppers till tender. 

When couscous is done.  Fluff with fork.  Add peppers, onions, and tomatoes to the fluffed couscous and fold together and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment