Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Shrimp Alfredo

Well here is my attempt at Alfredo sauce.  We enjoyed it and it really was easy.  I thought it would be more complicated to make.  I know years ago I wanted to make the sauce by a well known chef and she said it took parmesano reggino cheese.  I priced it and was shocked.  I decided at that time it wasn't worth it to buy the expensive cheese to make the sauce.  I recently found an simple recipe from a friend.  I tried it and added a little Romano cheese to it.  I hope you enjoy.



Shrimp Alfredo



Alfredo Sauce

1 1/4 c. chicken broth
4 t. flour
1/3 c. cream cheese
3 T. parmesan cheese
2 T. romano cheese
1/4 t. black pepper

Blend all ingredients in a small bowl.  Heat in small sauce pan until hot and almost boiling.  Add to cooked pasta.  You can add chicken or shrimp and any extras like spinach and tomatoes.  The choices are yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment